Originally Posted By: AppleOnYa
Right now, the more GOP contenders the better as it gives the Party a chance to hear more views and GRADUALLY determine who the best candidate is to beat Obama.

You know what's interesting? At this point in the last election (1-2007), you know how many GOPers had openly declared Presidential bids? 7.

How many now? Zero.

Of course the fact that '08 was the first election since '52 when both parties didn't have incumbent President/Vice-President running certainly played a big reason for that. But I think there is another factor. Let me elaborate on it in another posting, but lets just say I think many folks are waiting to see if a certain possible candidate does run. Or not.

Notice I didn't mention the gender of said candidate.

Originally Posted By: AppleOnYa

Several on your list will disappear early in the process and Chris Christie won't even be on it, unlike others who do not give a straight yes or now answer, he has stated several times he will NOT run for President in 2012.

True but knowing politicians when it comes time and he's not there, then I'll believe it. Cynical I know, but if he gets enough popular support in polling (and proper ego stroking), he might not be able to resist that urge to answer this "draft call."

And as unlikely it may be, Christie wouldn't even be the first New Jersey Governor to run for President while in his first term. That would be Woodrow Wilson in '12. And he won both nomination and Presidency.

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 01/23/11 11:10 AM.