Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Unless I just completely missed them yesterday, a number of "detention memos" have been included among the various indictments. There is A LOT of information in them, often even more than the indictments themselves. Check 'em out at the link below.

http://www.justice.gov/opa/lacosanostra.htm

Yeah, I was checking it out they just added those memos recently.

One of them talks about a Walter Samperi a Colombo Associate that was stabbed in an altercation by someone from the Gambino family. The Colombos settled the dispute at a sit down and got a cash payment from the Gambinos. Apparently it was agreed that if the Colombos didn't retaliate, the Gambinos would give up $150,000 - $100,000 of which would come from their stake in the Figli di Santi Rosalia feast in Brooklyn. Looks like Andy Russo was upset with his guys for having a sit down first. He thought they should have retaliated and then reach out.

In the Russo detention memo, it states the Colombos are using firearms in the making ceremonies. Interesting, I remember Basciano wanting to bring that back to the family as they stopped doing it under Massino for fear of being raided and found with weapons. It's funny, the associate who is about to be made complains about being embarrassed at having to bring his own firearm to his own making ceremony. It says the Colombos made 6 guys in January 2009 and then attempted to make 4 more in December 2010 but that one was canceled due to surveillance.

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 01/22/11 01:42 AM.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.