Originally Posted By: GaryH
I'm sure that anyone who has gone on record has lied, exaggerated, or put the reader on the wrong road to protect secrets.

You are right there but Kuklinski is crimes answer to Pinnochio.
Has it even been established or suspected by law enforcement that he knew Robert Pronge?

Law enforcement got what they wanted, put him away. Why would they waste the resources digging any deeper and trying to fill out a whole life profile for this guy?

The fact that he wasn't a made guy, wasn't an Italian, means that he was a "throwaway." And for that reason, may have actually seen or been part of some of the most shady of the shady dealings. It also means that he was probably involved in a lot of other things that never get mentioned or talked about. He puts things in "mafia" perspective, because that's what the media eats up, but the mafia are not the only people to utilize an accomplished free-agent assassin.

I think that a lot of what Kuklinski said was true, but he just sort of shuffled all the pieces around in a way to make it a more saleable product. Easier for the layman to understand. Sutff that could fit into a single book or a few TV interviews.

“I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid.” ~John Gotti