I did some thinking on this and this is the bottom line: It is fictional TV. Was it VERY LOOSELY based on the Decavalcantes? yes. However, some of the guys in the soprano/demeo family were based on real life wiseguys in the 5 families.

They say Chrissy was supposed to be based off Nicky scarfo JR. Vito Spatafore is based off the Gay Vito in Roy Demeos crew.

again,it is fiction. IF you want purely factual television on the Mafia then watch the Bio channels "Mobsters". If you want an entertaining fictional show that leaves the mind to wonder "gee these things really could happen" then watch the sopranos.

I was guilty of this myself. We all need to start separating Fiction from Reality.

We all grew to love Tony and his crews, we would have all HATED it to see them be completely disrespected and got their balls broken by the NY Mafia like in real life. How could we have ever grown to like the show so much if Tony, pauly, sil and Chrissy constantly got their asses handed to them, cut out of schemes and killed. The Decavalcantes were known as the mafias "farm team". Hell even the outfit, the Philly Mob and even the Partricia familes had more respect than the Decavalcantes.

We grew to love these characters, we want to see bravado, huge balls and nobody fucks with me or I will kill you characters. We would have all not liked the show as much if it was portrayed the way life really was.

out

Last edited by jvanley; 01/14/11 05:53 PM.

FatGirl:Your cute
Me:Ok
FatGirl:So you wanna buy me a drink?
Me:No
FatGirl:Why not?
Me:Well Its tricky pumpkin,If I buy u a drink, every fat girl in here would think I liked fat girls & ask me to buy them a drink also. See ,I dont like fat girls unless im wasted and given Im only one drink deep so far, so you better buy me the drink honey, cause this 20 bucks aint covering the booze and drive thru ill need to take you home tonight

08/13/2009-jvanley Spanky Bar, 3rd stool from the left