Some excellent points here. Their is no direct causal relationship between the crap the right spews out and the act of a deranged persone, but the fact of the matter is that there a lot of nut jobs in this country and the media needs to do a better job of not giving publicity to politicians who say outlandish things such as Sharon Angle's call for the people to use "Second Amendment Remedies," or to tolerate hosts who
declare political ponents "The worst person in the world."

If you want to get a grip on things, use your remote and skip over Fox, MSNBC, and CNN even. The BBC does a nice job of reporting the news, and magazines like The Economist also do. If you want a "liberal slant" there is always the New Yorker, and if you want a "conservative slant" there's the Wall Street Journal (although its editorial page is over the top).

Point is no one wants to discuss the issues, they just want to shout over each other. Real talk about real issues does not equal good ratings, so we are stuck with the promotion of toxic
politics and opinion for a while.

For God's sake will they please shut up about the 2012 elections? We just had elections in 2010.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."