Originally Posted By: Frank_Nitti
ronnie,

But yes, both sides of the political aisle are guilty of using very combative tactics the past few years, no doubt about that.

There is a big major difference you're ignoring or just don't realize.

Were there liberals who were...off the deep end in rhetoric so to speak...when Dubya was in office? Yes. Quite a few of them called Dubya Hitler, fascist, the usual liberal overreaction to the Right Wing. But who feared them?

Who was publicly scared that liberal fuckheads were gonna take up guns and take politics into their own bloodyhands? I didn't. You didn't. Why would you? It's far far far from the 1970s when you had legitimate armed, violent terrorist groups from the SLA to the Weathermen. Those assholes either grew up and sold out to become middle class. And the new generation is too busy listening to their iPods or playing on Facebook or eating EasyMac in their dorm rooms. Capo went to school with quite a few of them I'm sure.

Why is this? Because all those exteme left wing, pretentious communist-wannabes of today don't....really do all that much. They bitch, they moan, they send out petitions, they march, they try to boycott, then march, and then petition some more. Remember when they were pissed about the Obama/GOP compromise on tax rates which even pissed off our own esteemed Lilo?

They were so pissed....nothing came of it. Nothing. Hell they're so angry at Obama, he's more popular with that base of his party than Clinton was at this point of his presidency. As I said elsewhere, the Democrats hate their base. Republicans fear their base.

It's Democrats "targeted" recently. I don't see liberal hippie metrosexual kids, armed to the teeth with their 2nd Amendment-protected Granola Bars, smashing Congressmen's offices during the Health Care debate or cry that governmental "Death Panels" are going into business or claim certain politicians in power have to be "stopped" using particular Fascist/Communist imagery/terminology.

Or to put it another way, which particular GOP politicians in the last election were cited in liberal PAC ads with target bullseyes....no I'm sorry surveyor sights
...next to them in a pseudo-hitlist? How come no threats in the last few days against GOP politicians?

Do I expect certain right wingers to possibly take "action"? Like some of my neighbors here in Tennessee? More likely than the (very few) liberals around here. But will they? Probably not. 99.9% won't outside of bitch/moan on the Internet and call-ins to local radio about the evils of big government intrusion in their private lives inbetween collecting their federal disability/military pension/social security checks. Or buy the new Glenn Beck book. Those phones/computers btw powered more than likely by TVA, a relic of the New Deal.

I wouldn't be surprised if a crazy violent local from around these parts was involved in a tragedy like what happened on saturday. Not a guarantee, but I wouldn't be shocked at all. Or to put it another way, I look at the Middle East and who are the ones detonating the bombs or demanding "heresy laws" in Pakistan? Religious book-thumping fucktard ultra-conservatives. They're the Mullahs in Tehran. The "liberals" in that country were the protesting/voting kids who got their skulls bashed in by the Mullah's goons back in summer '09. In the name of Allah, bah gawd!

Or for that matter, which group was founded in my state of Tennessee back in 1865 down in Pulaski? The Ku Klux Klan. They did alot in the name of their god too. So did Tim McVeigh. Hell to be even more tangental, Mark David Chapman was a born-again Christian. Notice it? Its called a pattern. Not a rule. Not a law. Not a fact of nature or life, but a pattern.

So come on dude, none of this morality equavalence bullshit, at the very fucking least on this one issue You're right about the mainstream discussion talking about the "noise" that's become the story instead of the story (especially the suspect) itself. But on the "noise" itself, don't play dumb or ignorant with the obvious. Don't follow the Newsmax narrative. Don't claim there is smoke but no fire. Or the other way around, I'm not sure.

and question why our President, who claims to be some sort of academic, always feels the need to be the classroom clown by making smug, snide, smart-ass remarks at every corner as if he's just so witty and youthfully exuberant--all the while wearing his mom jeans.

Because he's an asshole?

Seriously, I liked the guy coming into his presidency, and I'm all about having a minority in the White House, but he rubs people the wrong way.

What President didn't rub some people the wrong way? Washington, Lincoln, JFK, FDR, Reagan whoever all pissed off certain American people because of their policies or because he was from the other party or because of what they perceive about him personally. It's natural within politics. Without this, how can we have political parties or elections or shit, a debate?

Lincoln died because John Wilkes Booth and his gang were outraged after Lincoln called to give freed blacks the right to vote. They were going to kidnap him, but the idea of giving American blacks citizenship apparently drove them over the edge.

And really, "minority"? I doubt pizzaboy got behind Obama in the last presidential election because he was mulatto or had a funny name. For that matter, Republicans didn't back McCain because he was a senior citizen.

And IF the Republicans and their combative banter over the past years is at all to blame for this incident, then the Obamaites have to accept atleast some of the culpability as well.

There are lots of things to shit on Obama about. How about that recent Tax Compromise? Good politics, probably bad policy.

His surge of military involvement in Afghanistan (liberals would have been screaming more bloody murder if Dubya was still in office), his recent order to FEMA to build new nuclear fallout shelters in major cities to grabbing more executive branch power (with Dubya precedence) and demanding total unchecked/unbalanced executive authority on Guantanamo, how long detainees can stay detained or may or may not be charged (if ever). Obama recently has become fond of the "Signing statements" that he blasted Dubya for relying on.

His Administration lawyers might just be the first White House in American history to claim in court that the Commander-In-Chief has the unrestricted right to give the order to assassinate anybody anywhere anytime if said subect is deemed a threat to national security. And of course there is always the economy.

Whatever, some of those are legitimate concerns/complaints among others. But none of this retarded Birther bullshit or that he's an Al Qaeda Manchurian Candidate or the new Stalin/Hitler that will force millions of abortions and use health care reform to send dissidents off to detention camps (Thank you Michelle Bachman) or whatever sillyness.

Dubya wasn't Hitler. Obama isn't Hitler. Neither have the whiskers. Only thing those three had in common asides from getting elected to the executive office of their countries was that they all wrote lousy books.

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 01/11/11 03:28 AM.