ronnie,

I don't even want to speculate why people do the things this kid did because it generally boils down to the fact that some in this world are simply close minded bigots. Perhaps in a more ideal world where conditions were better for all we could eliminate any need for such predjudices and hatred. I dunno.

But yes, both sides of the political aisle are guilty of using very combative tactics the past few years, no doubt about that. And if the Dems seriously want to blame this incident on Republicans, they need to look in the mirror and question why our President, who claims to be some sort of academic, always feels the need to be the classroom clown by making smug, snide, smart-ass remarks at every corner as if he's just so witty and youthfully exuberant--all the while wearing his mom jeans.

Seriously, I liked the guy coming into his presidency, and I'm all about having a minority in the White House, but he rubs people the wrong way. And IF the Republicans and their combative banter over the past years is at all to blame for this incident, then the Obamaites have to accept atleast some of the culpability as well.

Last edited by Frank_Nitti; 01/11/11 01:46 AM.