This thread made me go back and read Iceman. All I can say is WOW. "the big guy" is 100 percent FULL OF SHIT. Any historical mob hit he has taken credit for:

Jimmy Hoffa
Carmine Galante
Paul Castellano
Roy Demao

He also said he went to all ends of the earth to fufill murder contracts. Europe, South America, Canada and California.

As someone mentioned before, he claims he went to a "sit down" armed to the teeth with guns and knives. In the book its almost as though Phillip Carlo realized "the big guy" was full of shit as he wrote.

First he mentions that there had a to a "sit down" to resolve the dispute between the Gotti Brothers and Roy Demao. Then as he types he says, this was not in fact a "sit Down" but rather an informal gathering.

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!

There are MANY problems with this. The first of which is John Gotti is ON RECORD as saying he never so much as did a single dollars worth of business with Roy because he was a lunatic. Second, JOHN GOTTI WAS IN JAIL on the date Phillip Carlo wrote this happened! thirdly, he called it an informal gathering, yet he says Neil Dellacroce was there to decide who got what.......THAT IS A SIT DOWN.

As someone mentioned above, only made guys can be at sit downs and there are not weapons allowed! Why do you think Nino Gagi had his nephew Dominick sit outside with a weapon when they made Big Paul Boss?

1. HE WAS NOT MADE AND COULD NOT GO INSIDE. He even said this himself.

2. Even if he could go inside, he couldnt bring a weapon.

honestly, I enjoyed all three books Carlo has written on the mob. The Butcher, Gaspipe and the Ice Man. But I wont read anymore. We all read these so we can find out what the life was really like, factual stuff. I now walk away questioning everything ive learned about the Mafias history because of him.

If I wanted a good fiction read I would go buy Harry Potter for christs sakes

FatGirl:Your cute
Me:Ok
FatGirl:So you wanna buy me a drink?
Me:No
FatGirl:Why not?
Me:Well Its tricky pumpkin,If I buy u a drink, every fat girl in here would think I liked fat girls & ask me to buy them a drink also. See ,I dont like fat girls unless im wasted and given Im only one drink deep so far, so you better buy me the drink honey, cause this 20 bucks aint covering the booze and drive thru ill need to take you home tonight

08/13/2009-jvanley Spanky Bar, 3rd stool from the left