Originally Posted By: Mooney
Most of Phillip Carlo's books seem to be a bunch of bullshit. I don't trust an of the shit he writes.

Phillip Carlo is a good author but as you said HIGHLY inacurate. In Gaspeipe he says:

Angelo "Quack Quack" Ruggerio, Who got his name from his uncanty ability to duck indictments.....uuummmm........Hello Tony Ducks Corrallo maybe?

He also refers to Big Joey Massino as "little Joey Meeseno"

He stated that Sonny Red succeeded Rusty as the boss of the Bonnanos.....Sony red was NEVER a boss and the whole reason he got killed was because Sonny black and Joey Massino wanted Rust to be the boss!

Honestly, there are far more than I can remember besides those. When you read the book (if you are educated about LCN)you almost want to stop reading its so highly inaccurate.

With that said, it is a good read.

As for the "iceman" wow where to begin.

Here is the problem, Carlo does NO cross checking with Gaspipe or Klukinski's stories, it goes straight from their mouth to paper and THAT is a terrible way to write a book that sells in the TRUE, let me repeat that, TRUE crime section.

Last edited by jvanley; 01/03/11 03:01 PM.

FatGirl:Your cute
Me:Ok
FatGirl:So you wanna buy me a drink?
Me:No
FatGirl:Why not?
Me:Well Its tricky pumpkin,If I buy u a drink, every fat girl in here would think I liked fat girls & ask me to buy them a drink also. See ,I dont like fat girls unless im wasted and given Im only one drink deep so far, so you better buy me the drink honey, cause this 20 bucks aint covering the booze and drive thru ill need to take you home tonight

08/13/2009-jvanley Spanky Bar, 3rd stool from the left