Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Evidently Chuck Berry was taken ill last night during a concert in Chicago. frown Geez, 84 and still rockin' & rollin'? And, still doing the duck walk. God bless him.

I'm trying to think of who's left of the 50's rock icons???? Fats Domino comes to mind.

Anyway, I never saw Chuck Berry in concert, but like his music. smile
TIS

I think Chuck and BB are about the same age. Chuck's the King and one of a few still left of that generation of early rock-n-rollers.

Ike and Bo are gone of course. Little Richard and Fats are still around. Jerry Lee Lewis is still alive. So are Duane Eddy and Mickey Baker. Link Wray's gone. Dale Hawkins just passed. So it goes.

I've seen Chuck Berry in concert a few times over the years. He can vary wildly in quality. I hope he retires (along with BB) but at least he's doing what he wants to do which is more than some of us can say. rolleyes

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.