Or a Godfather related post-III story.

As you can see, I've struggled with ideas for more films, books or stories on this board. I've written scripts and novels that have stalled out. But as I was watching part II last night, it came back to me.

In the past I was always stuck on a Vincent-centric story, one that shows his decline into drugs and his eventual death at the hands of the FBI or rival drug cartels.

But as I was thinking about it again last night, I came up with this...

THE CORLEONES

Plot: Someone is knocking off Corleone family muscle. Vincent cannot figure out who is behind it. As he lashes out against his enemies, both real and perceived, the startling truth comes to light....it was Anthony all along. After Mary's death, Anthony blames Vincent and slowly begins to take his revenge with the help of Sonny's legitimate children and taking his place at the head of the Corleone family, just like Michael wanted all along. Only, Michael has changed his tune and tries to advise Anthony against taking control of the family. The film ends with a flashback from part II when Michael is talking with Anthony in his bedroom on the night of the attempted hit in Tahoe. Anthony asks Michael if he help Michael on his business trip to Miami. Michael says no, but Anthony will help him some day...some day...

I know Anthony is in no way cut out for running the family, or would even want to after Mary's death, but I see it as a sacrificial, self-depreciating thing. He hates and blames Vincent and his father so much that he gives himself over to the one thing that his father would despise and detest.

Last edited by DeathByClotheshanger; 12/28/10 11:25 AM.