Originally Posted By: thebarber

hey guys just wanted to get your opinoins on phil leotardo. I feel that at first phil was one of the best characters on the show. He seemedto play a great old school mob guy who takes no shit and was a little bitter bout doing some serious time. He also looked down at the soprano crew which i believe is prob true with alot of the major players in the NY mob and the NJ family. My problem is in the later episodes he was like a totally diffrent guy. He totally flipped his lid. Wanting revenge for his brother i can understand but wanting to take out a entre family heirarchy ??? And Y?? cause he didnt care for tony ?? That wud never happen. In my opinoin he went from one of the best characters to one of the worst characters

Phil was a great character who was an old school mob guy. Did 20 years and didn't talk or complain. I didn't think his beef with Tony was absurd like so many people do because a mafia rule was broken. His brother who was a made guy was killed by tony's cousin who wasn't even made. All Tony had to do was hand him over and it would have caused him less of a headache. Of course that didn't matter since they made Tony beat Phil which is absurd for a New jersey family to win a war with a New York Family. I liked the Sopranos but the only thing I didn't like was that they made the jersey Family just as strong as the New York Family. anybody who knows anything about mob history knows that that is bullshit. i knows the Sopranos is about the Jersey mafia so they have to make them look unbeatable but it is much different in real life. the Sopranos is based on the Decalvacante who are know by many Ny mobster even Gotti as the minor leagues.