I remember attempting to read 'The Godfather Returns' only because somebody who had heard I liked the movies plopped the paperback on my desk. Found it unbelievably boring and much like Lilo states, very 'lazy' and cheap writing. As if Winegartner just typed what he thought the reader would either expect or most likely want to hear. Fredo's suggested 'homosexuality' being ont of them. (I always wondered if someone other than Cazale had played the part, would he have taken that turn w/ the character...).

Last segment I recall dealing with was the one introducing Sonny's now teenaged daughters, who if I recall correctly (but maybe not it's been nearly 4yrs)...were growing up unaware of their 'Corleone' background, who their father was and where they came from.

After that I put the book down & never picked it back up.

Winegartner can't really be blamed, though...he was awarded the contract and did what he thought he needed to do.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON