and I wonder if we missed Capo's irony alert.

I also loved "Employee of the Month"; I'd rather have Melfi being robbed or assaulted instead of raped - it's too obvious, but it's the same m.o. I mentioned in my original post; the writers had to exxagerate every situation to keep people thinking about it and waiting for next week's episode - but it was definitely worth for good drama. I remember I was absolutely hooked up to it the first time I watched.

also the scene when the russians break into Livia's old house was classic for me when I first watched, especially because I didn't know the full background on what Janice had done.

now back to "To Save Us All...", I agree with BarretM, the Santa Claus thing was silly as hell and the "christmas party" at the Bing soooo out of character for everybody.

I just have to disagree with your take on Season 3. it may be my favorite season despite "The Telltale Moozadell" and "...To Save Us All From Satan's Power" which really slowed the pace. those two are among my least favorite episodes too, and while I also loved Season 2, there are 2 lame episodes there too - "Commendatori" and "D-Girl" -, and of course, "A Hit is a Hit" also stands out in a bad way.

"I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick"
The Bunk