I'd have to agree with you on this episode. Honestly, I say this again and again, but people never understand what I'm getting at. In Sopranos, what the quality of a season comes down to is always the sum of its parts. Season 3 had some great moments, like Dr. Melfi's rape, Pine Barrens, the story of Tracee the stripper, the ensuing Ralph and Tony conflict. But with season 3, the episodes have no flow, we go from this episode to Pine Barrens, to Gloria Trillo. It was just a very rocky season.

I can't really comment on Jackie Jr. since I'm really biased. His story never really gripped me. But yes that was a terrible scene. The whole family side of this episode is what ruined it. I mean, the Big Pussy flashbacks were important details, except the dates contradict each other (I think Pussy says to his agent that he flipped in 1998, Tony is thinking back to earlier). Also, the scene between Junior and Jackie Sr. over who was going to be boss SHOULD have been exciting, except it never really went anywhere. I can't even remember why Junior recognized Jackie as the rightful boss. And Bobby's "shyness is a curse" was pretty silly. We already understand his meek qualities, they didn't need to center a plot around this.

Overall this episode ranks among my least favorite as well. Here's my list:

*. S1E10 A Hit is a Hit
*. S3E09 The Telltale Moozadell
*. S3E10 ...To Save Us All From Satan's Power
*. S3E12 Amour Fou
*. S4E05 Pie-O-My
*. S4E06 Everybody Hurts
*. S5E07 In Camelot
*. S6E12 Kaisha
*. S6E21 Made in America

Listed nothing from Season 2, because in my mind, Season 2 is the legendary season.

Last edited by BarrettM; 11/25/10 02:20 PM.