Originally Posted By: DeSanto
I'm new here, and I'm from Chicago. What I know about the Chicago Outfit today is that it's believed to be around 100 (or slightly less) made men. Current prominent members and/or crew bosses are believed to be Rudy Fratto (headed to prison for 1 yr for a tax charge); Pete DiFronzo; Michael Sarno (on trial right now -- sometimes listed as a soldier, sometimes listed as a boss now); Joe Andriacchi; John Matassa,Jr; Joe Cullotta; Frank Caruso, Sr; Marco D'Amico. Boss is said to remain as John DiFronzo, with Joe Andriacchi as his underboss, Joe Lombardo (imprisoned, probably will die in prison) as consigliere (but acting consigliere was said to be Al Tornabene most recently).

Not so much on this board, but on others, there have been many heated debates about the Outfit - it's current size, strength, hierarchy, etc.

As far as it's size goes, even the official estimates vary. The average seems to be around 50 members. Recent defector Nick Calabrese supposedly identified about 60 made members of the Chicago mob, which is believable in my opinion. Far less so is the idea that they still have anywhere near 100 members.

From a number of recent sources, John DiFronzo remains the over all boss of the Outfit. Joseph Andriacchi is underboss but also is essentially street boss over the family's 4 remaining crews. Marco D'Amico has been said to have taken over as consigliere for the late Al Tornabene.

The 4 crews - Peter DiFronzo runs the Elmwood Park crew; which theoretically consists of that area, Rush Street, the rest of the North Side, and the Northern Suburbs stretching into Lake County. DiFronzo's immediate subordinates, often referred to as "street bosses," are said to be Mike Magnaficchi, Don Scalise, and Rudy Fratto.

Joe Cullotta runs the Grand Avenue crew; which theoretically consists of the area surrounding Grand and Ogden Avenues, the rest of the West Side, and the Western Suburbs stretching into DuPage County. Cullotta's immediate subordinate is said to be Chris Spina.

John Matassa run the Cicero (also called Melrose Park) crew. His immediate subordinates are said to be Mike Sarno, James Inendino, Mike Spano, and Salvatore DeLaurentis.

And Frank Caruso Jr. runs the 26th Street (also called Chinatown) crew; which theoretically consists of that area, the rest of the South Side and Chicago Heights, the Southern Suburbs stretching into Will County, and North West Indiana. Caruso's immediate subordinates are said to be Leo Caruso and Bruno Caruso.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 11/27/10 12:35 AM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.