Originally Posted By: SC
Originally Posted By: klydon1
Originally Posted By: SC
Anyone familiar with the Texas Roadhouse chain? Would you recommend them?

Haven't been at one in aout ten years, but from what I remember, it was pretty good. Not exactly unique, but I enjoyed it.

I just tried it and I'd agree with klydon's appraisal.

Somewhat disappointing... it's what I'd consider good chain food but that's about all. It's only 2 miles away from me so I was hoping I'd found a good place to visit regularly, but I'll keep looking.

Typical bar-b-que and steak items on the menu. The meat on ribs fell off the bone but probably because they were boiled too much. The portions were of average size and the price a little on the high side.

Interesting that you had an overall unsatisfactory experience at the one that you went to.

A couple of weeks ago our friends took us to one in New Jersey and I have to admit, for a chain restaurant, I found the food to be very good. We were four people. We split two appetizers between us. All of our dinners came with 3 sides. The ladies had baby-back ribs and my buddy and I both ordered the Rib-eye steak / baby-back ribs combo. The ribs were delicious. And SC, I know that when it comes to steaks you and I both have the same expectations and taste. The rib-eye steak was excellent!

If memory serves me correctly the bill came out to something like $56 a couple, including a 20% tip, which I thought was very reasonable for apps, beverages and 4 dinners all including 3 fairly generous side dishes.

Maybe the cook by you sucks! Or perhaps the owner of the franchise out by you does not buy quality meat. Who knows.

Again, I am not a big fan by any means of chain restaurants, especially steakhouses that are chain restaurants. I hate Applebee's! I will go to the bar at Chili's for a drink and some appetizers, but nothing more.

The Texas Roadhouse restaurant that I went to in New Jersey gets 2 thumbs up from me.

Don't know if you are a buffalo wings fan or not SC, but there is a place that I went to on Deer Park Avenue called Buffalo Wild Wings and it has something like 17 different kinds of wings! Excellent stuff, especially the Regular Buffalo Hot Wings and the Garlic Parm Wings!

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.