Originally Posted By: VitoC
Also, remember that "On the Run" (as it's title suggests) focuses on a later time period than GoodFellas and Wiseguy do--when the family was living in the witness protection program. It seems that by this point, Henry and Karen used drugs much more than before. In fact, we see this starting in the last part of GoodFellas (which occurs years after the incident over Henry's affair with Janice).

You're right about "On the Run." Vito. But "The Heist," by Ernest Volkman and John Cummings, was published in July of 1986, just seven months after "Wiseguy." And it states that the Hills had an open marriage back in the '70s (it even suggests that Henry bedded a man in his Long Island home, while Karen got high in another room). And like I said, it was published on the heels of "Wiseguy, " four years before Henry Hill became a household name through the film. If you haven't read it, I think you'll enjoy it.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.