Alleged rape victim, 14, taunted, kills self
Doug Guthrie and George Hunter / The Detroit News

Huron Township— High school freshman Samantha Kelly endured taunts and isolation during her last month in school, classmates said, after news surfaced that she had accused a popular senior of raping her.

On Monday, the 14-year-old girl committed suicide by hanging herself inside her mobile home in Huron Estates, off Inkster, south of King. Friends and family gathered at her home Tuesday, trying to find ways to cope with the pain and anger.

One relative who was not at the trailer was Samantha's mother, June Justice. She said it would be too painful to return to the site where her daughter killed herself.

Samantha's classmates at Huron High School said the school became divided over the rape allegations, with many students calling her a liar in the halls and on the school bus.
"They all took sides," said 17-year-old senior Sheila Little. "Her friends left her because they said she was lying. It's obvious this pressure had a real impact on her."

Sheila said Samantha confided in her that she had tried to commit suicide three weeks ago by overdosing on pills. "She said, 'I'm tired of people talking about me, so here you go. I might try it again,'" she said.

When news of Samantha's suicide reached the school, Sheila said, many students were unrelenting.

"People were saying, 'She was only doing it for the attention,'" Sheila said. "What kind of attention is that? She didn't ask for this."

Prosecutors plan to drop sexual assault charges against Joseph Tarnopolski, the 18-year-old who was accused of having sex with Samantha. A preliminary court examination was scheduled for today, and Samantha had been subpoenaed to testify....

Full Article

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.