Originally Posted By: Jk987
Originally Posted By: Ludovico
Originally Posted By: Don Zadjali
The first game in my opinion is THE best game based on organized crime, the sequel looks very promising!
So far no news about online multiplayer in Mafia 2, I think there won't be one... ohwell

I would vehemently disagree with you there. The GTA series is really the best at it, they're much more versatile and I actually believe their narratives.
On organized crime itself? Yes. But on the mafia? No. IMO

I would agree with that but you gotta remember that Rockstar's games don't really focus on the mafia. They're either alot more general (i.e. GTA 4, which you could argue is about the russian mob but not really if you pay attention to the narrative) or they're very, very focused (the DLCs focusing on 1%ers and the "high-class" nightclub scene respectively). As far as how they protray the mafia I'd say they're spot on at Rockstar studios. I've never had an overt problem with the way they represent the various gangs of the world which is why the GTA series is my favorite in terms of crime-based games.

Godfather, Mafia, Mafia II I've always had problems with. Why is it that the games that focus on a very specific part of organized crime seem to have the most flaws?

I will be asking the questions! Because I don't know them!