Surrey Accusation

False rape accusation 'destroyed life' of Surrey man

Kate Woodhead Woodhead made her accusation when Mr Joseph ended their 18-month relationship.

A man who was falsely accused of rape by his ex-girlfriend has said it will take years to rebuild his life.

Paul Joseph said Kate Woodhead, 31, who was jailed for three years on Monday, left him with nothing when she accused him of rape at their home in Surrey.

He lost his job as an IT consultant, his home and his collection of cars.

"For me, it is as if someone's house burned down and everything they owned was in it. That is effectively what happened to me," he said.

Guildford Crown Court heard Woodhead told police Mr Joseph, 39, had drugged her before attacking her at their home near Wisley.

She then stole property worth about £23,500, including an expensive stereo and art prints, and transferred ownership of his sports car and motorcycle to her own name.

Mr Joseph said she had also transferred to her name the £4,000-a-month rented home.

"I walked out of the house wearing my suit when I was arrested and I never saw anything again apart from one briefcase and a work laptop," he said.

The rape investigation was dropped when officers became suspicious that Woodhead had made it up and she was charged, but by this time Mr Joseph had lost his job...

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.