I grew up in this neighborhood. But when I was younger this house was unoccupied. It's about 6-8 times the size of most of the other homes. Glad to see someone is using it. I'm happy it wasn't looted or damaged.

The house has 12 bedrooms, 17 bathrooms and a pub. It boasts a private chapel, marble ballroom and a private office that once connected Charles T. Fisher to the former General Motors headquarters in the New Center area. It even has a sitting area for the ladies' English porcelain powder room.

The 18,000-square-foot Fisher Mansion -- the largest in Detroit's historic Boston-Edison district -- is going though its first major renovation in 36 years as its new owner strives to preserve some of the city's rich automotive history.

And this grand space was the perfect place to host five musicians and two dancers from around the world who are playing in Sean Blackman's In Transit show tonight at Orchestra Hall.

"I want them to say, 'We just got back from Detroit and stayed in this amazing house.' All of a sudden, Detroit gets spoken," Blackman said. "So many people are trying so hard to help build the city back to where it used to be. I want to play a role in that.".....

Detroit Fischer Mansion Article

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.