Earlier last evening, without warning, I suddenly got my Internet access back from my cantankerous home PC (aka The ComputerSaurus).

I have no idea how or why this happened. I had run a Scan Disc cleanup on The Monster, but no errors were detected. I then defragmented The Beast for good measure - but I had done this in the past with no improvement whatsoever. But now, in addition to actually deigning to connect me to the Internet, I think ol' M-5 is actually running a little faster than before. (I had installed an updated version of AOL a couple of weeks ago and, up to now, the damn thing didn't work at all.)

So, it looks like I'm back, at least for the time being.

Hallelujah!

HooooooooHah!!!

We'll just see how long this lasts...

On the other hand, my printer croaked several days ago. Figures. I went to my local Staples to buy a new one, only to find that no one is making printers that are compatible with my ancient computer's equally ancient operating system. Can't update my damn McAfee virus protection program either, for the same reason.

Dammit, Dammit, Dammit, Dammit, Dammit.

As Roseanne Roseannadanna used to say,

"It's always something!"

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."