Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Originally Posted By: FrankWhite
It's very interesting to notice my feelings about clemenza as I really don't like "young Clemenza". He's a bit of a punk, IMO. but love him when Costellano plays him. He's funny, charismatic, jovial... just fun, but serious when need be. It's fun to see some one who's in his line of work not take himself too seriously.

Costellano played Clemenza brilliantly. He seemed to think he was really making an honest living. There were so many nice touches to this, including the picture of the Pope in his basement, behind him, when he was teaching Michael how to shoot the pistol, his concern for "pain in the ass innocent bystanders" not being hurt, his instruction to Paulie to watch for kids as he backed out of the driveway, and of course his concern for the cannnoli.

those are good examples DT, but you forgot my favorite display of this: "Why don't you tell that girl you love her Mike? *in his italian accent* I love you with all my heart... if I don't see you again soon, I'm gonna die" lol... CLASSIC ;-)

"From now on, nothing goes down unless I'm involved. No blackjack no dope deals, no nothing. A nickel bag gets sold in the park, I want in. You guys got fat while everybody starved on the street. Now it's my turn." (King of New York)