So what if he was 'out of the loop'? So what if he had 'no specifics'?

Having information to share is not the only thing that makes someone like Fredo a potential threat. But what the heck, just for fun I'll play your silly game and suppose Fredo was banished to some suburb to bag groceries and posed no threat whatsoever, ever again...why on earth should be be spared after what he had done and the devastation his assistance to Roth nearly caused?

Oops...that's right, I forgot...he's Michael's brother.

olivant, I'm beginning to think you're just messing around to keep the thread going (not necessarily a bad idea), but if not you should really know better. Fredo had to go.

On another note:

"-slapped his wife and rejected her love"

He slapped his wife after she blurted to him in a very venemous way that she had aborted his child, and that she would not bring another one of his sones into the world. Doesn't make it right, but it's fair to say that she drew that out of him. Also, he did not 'reject' her love...he simply could not offer the same love in return. He did try but it wasn't in him.

"-ordered the suicide of a broken old man"

Unlike Fredo, Frankie knew the consequenses of what he'd done and the price he would have to pay.

Last edited by AppleOnYa; 08/20/10 11:10 PM.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON