Originally Posted By: Ice
I watched that interview Robert Osbourne did with Betty Hutton again a few weeks ago and it really it is a treasure for all film lovers ... the Hutton interview as I stated earlier was probably my favorite for a number of reasons, including the apparent catharsis the aged Hutton appeared to have during the interview. Betty talked about being distant from her children and grandchildren throughout their lives and she candidly said in her later years that she didn't think it was possible in those early times, or perhaps in ANY time, for a woman to be such a tremendously diverse artist engaing in so many fields (singing, dancing, acting, screw-ball comedy) and a "Good Mother" simultaneously.

Ice, I remember watching that interview when it first aired and agree with you (again) that it's among the best if not THE BEST of all the 'Private Screenings'. Betty Hutton was such a doll and so forthright and honest about her career, relationship w/ her children and above all finding her faith, which she had credited many years earlier for literally saving her life. She was such a joy, whether bursting into one of her film numbers or even while lamenting the coldness of the 'Annie Get Your Gun' cast/crew after her replacement of the fired Judy Garland (which is implied by many to have been imagined).

Another of my all time favorites is the chat w/ Stanley Donan, who gave some terrific insight not only to his films but also his classic acceptance speech when given a special Lifetime Achievement Academy Award.

All in all, it's really a FABULOUS series although I'm still waiting for Osbourne to get hold of some contemporaries like Barbra Streisand, Robert Redford, Goldie Hawn, Al Pacino, AND Joanne Woodward who may have treasures of her own to share about both her own career and Paul Newman's (Hard to believe he's been gone nearly 2 years!).

Last edited by AppleOnYa; 08/18/10 02:02 PM.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON