Originally Posted By: olivant
Lilo, there are any number of History and Discovery Channel presentations as well as books such as Gerald Posner's and Vincent Bugliosi's books that make mincemeat out of those anomalies and implausibilities. I'll address a couple. I've seen any number of wounds. I know an exit wound when I see one. The wound to the President's head is definitely an exit wound. The History Channel timed someone walking from Oswald's rooming house to the scene of Tippet's murder and from the 6th floor of the Depository to the 2nd floor (which apparently noone ever attempted before) and they walked both with time to spare.

We just have to agree to disagree. There have been reenactments of Oswald's supposed movements from the 6th floor to the 2nd floor and they were generally inconclusive. Oswald had a little under 90 seconds (per WC-I think it was less than that) to supposedly wipe the rifle clean of any prints, hide the rifle, only leave one palm print on a nest of boxes, move to the opposite section of the sixth floor, pass a witness (Victoria Adams) who did not see him, and run down four flights of stairs and still be calm , collected and not out of breath when encountered by the officers.

In addition AFAIK no one was able to duplicate Oswald's supposed shooting abilities with what was generally conceded to be a poorly designed and misaligned bolt-action rifle. To get two accurate shots off with that weapon in under 1.6 seconds is a feat indeed and probably one that Oswald, who was not a world-class rifleman, did not do. This leads to the SBT which really doesn't make logic to me.

I have read the Bugliosi book but not the Posner book. Most of the information I am referencing comes from the Groden and Livingstone books. There are experts on different sides with credentials about exit wounds, entry wounds and so forth and so on. I happen to agree with Dr. Wecht on some matters. I am guessing that you probably won't but he is certainly qualified to speak on it. He has an interesting discussion with Bugliosi below (I am just linking two parts-the whole thing is at least an hour)

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.