gina, some of that tape you linked to was shown on the local area sports reports, so I had seen it before. It reminded me of when a few of us from the boards went to Wrigley Field back in September, 2004. A friend of mine and I had (great) seats between the plate and first base, and when we first sat down my friend was worried that she'd get hit by a foul ball. I told her not to worry ~ that I'd protect her. Well, sure enough in the 8th inning a foul popup was headed right at us... I stood up, never taking my eyes off the ball, and threw my hands skyward only to feel the ball plop right into my hands. I sat down, proudly showing my friend the ball, when she freaked out.... my hand, was covered with blood which was now quickly pouring onto my pants. It seems that a guy sitting behind us reached for the ball at the same time that I did but this yahoo tried grabbing it with his plastic cup (which broke and cut up my hand).

It was some sign from God that the ONLY first aid station in all of Wrigley Frield was no more than 100 feet away from where we were sitting. A quick stay there and then on to the hospital for stitches.

The GBB members at the game? (they were sitting in the bleachers).... they called me on my cellphone to find out if I kept the ball.