Originally Posted By: joey_dice
Okay dude you win, New York is the only place in America with a mob.

I think we both know I never said that. It's simply a sliding scale.

New York is obviously the epicenter of the Mafia, as it always has been. But even more so today. About 70% of the mob's remaining membership, or a little over 700 made guys, belong to the five New York families. The smallest New York family is at least twice the size of any other family elsewhere in the country. The New York families often work together in joint operations and are the most active, diversified, expansive, and resilient.

Then you have the "second tier," if you will, which would comprise Chicago, New England, New Jersey, and Philadelphia. They each have about 50 made members and show the most ongoing activity after the New York families. However, just because I put them on the same tier, I'm not saying they are directly equal. The DeCavalcantes in New Jersey are no more equal to the Outfit in Chicago than the three smaller New York families are equal to the Genovese or Gambinos.

A "third tier," in my opinion, would consist of Detroit and Buffalo. They each have about 25 members, give or take, and show the next level of mob activity. These two families are sort of in a grey area as far as still being formally structured, fully viable families.

After that you have the "fourth tier," which is basically areas where there are still remnants of families, including active members and associates, but not to the extent of a formally structured, viable family. These areas have anywhere from a few members to possibly as many as 15 members left. They include Rochester, NE Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Milwaukee (possibly), St. Louis, Kansas City, Tampa, New Orleans, and Los Angeles.

Finally you have those cities where the families are extinct and all known members are deceased. They would include Dallas, Denver, San Francisco, and San Jose.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.