Let me explain to you where I'm coming from. I've been on this OC forums for years now and I've had to be very careful about what information I believe because there are so many bullshitters on these boards. More than you might believe. But I also try not to ignore those who actually do have valid information. Don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater, so to speak. And over time, I've been able to get a certain sense of who's on the level, who's a phony, and who's perhaps mixing facts with fiction.

My history, i.e. background, where I live, etc. is about as far removed from the mob as one can be. So I do get most of my information from FBI reports, press releases, indictments, articles, books, etc. This has caused a lot of debates with the local "neighborhood guys" who believe they inherently know more on the subject because they're much closer to it, grew up around it, know certain people, etc. And in a lot of ways, that's certainly true. At least on a "micro-level." I'm more about the "macro-level" or the general, over all picture; which I believe I have as good or better handle on as anyone. Particularly in regards to the modern day LCN - 2000 to the present.

Now there is apparently a lot of specifics about Kansas City which you know, and which I'm not disputing. What I'm going on is the general, over all picture of the Kansas City mob from what I've gathered from the sources I mentioned. One thing that seems to be almost certain is that the FBI no longer recognizes a formally structured family there; though that doesn't mean there still aren't members and associates involved in organized crime. This same situation exists in a number of places where there is still mob activity without there really being a formally strucured, fully viable family left.

Now, as I mentioned before, there are some charts on different forums that list about 40 names for Kansas City. But they don't specify between made guys and associates, nor are some of the names independently verifiable, as they are on certain other family charts. You also have to take a look at the size of other families, or what's left of them, in the midwest. Chicago has about 50 members. Detroit has about 25 members. Cleveland has about 10 members. St. Louis has about 5 members. And I'm not sure if Milwaukee has any members left. Another factor I use is ongoing activity over the past decade or so. Going on what I can, I'm guessing Kansas City falls in somewhere between Detroit and Cleveland.

One should also remember that the FBI loves to go after La Cosa Nostra. They have decades of experience and in-house knowledge built up on the Italian-American mob. And typically the Mafia gets more press coverage than other OC groups. As long as there is something to go after in regards to LCN, the FBI likely will. But once even they have basically written a family off, that means you can pretty much take that to the bank.

In a report to the UN on the LCN about 10 years ago, it was said that New York was the only place where the mob was still a high priority for law enforcement. Obviously because there you are dealing with the five largest and most active families. It said there were still families in other cities, namely New England, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Chicago, and Detroit, but they are much smaller and are not considered as big of an OC threat. The report also listed the Miami/South Florida area as being an area where there is still considerable mob activity since the New York families have crews there.

As for the Gambinos, in the actual indictment, as well as all the articles, regarding the Locascio crew's scam, there has never been any mention of KC mob involvement. And I don't think we should just assume there was because part of it took place in Missouri. It's really not like the old days where the Gambinos would need to get permission.

Finally, are you saying you are one of Civella's sons?

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.