Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
I've not bothered to hear all the recorded conversations. I know there was "bribe" indications and trying to sell Obama's seat and such, but do we know if any of it actually was implemented??

I ask because wouldn't there be a difference (sentence wise) between attempting to do it and actually following thru with it? confused

Of course I don't know, but I have a feeling Blago won't get much of a sentence.

TIS

I didn't follow the trial but his best defense was to argue that he was discussing normal political horse trading and not god forbid, bribery or extortion. Because it's not a defense against charges of racketeering & extortion to argue that you got busted before you could bring your schemes to fruition. tongue If convicted I think he's gonna do some time. If he had gone through all the way to the bank with it so to speak, I guess his possible sentence would be worse..

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.