Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Lilo,

A bit off topic but how do you like your governor (Jennifer Granhom??) I've seen her several times on tv and she seems quite down to earth and concerned about Michigan's unemployment problem. Is she well liked generally? My family doesn't seem to mind her to much and since they lean right these days rolleyesit might say something.
TIS

I think most fair minded people recognize that there's a sea change that took place in manufacturing over the past two decades that really really hurt Michigan and no matter who was governor was going to have big problems dealing with that.

That said, I'm not so sure that she's well liked politically as much as it is that the Republican opposition just couldn't make a case. I think people do like her personally.

She is a deceptively mild person and is probably stronger than people give her credit for. She did after all come out of the same Wayne County political machine that had Ed McNamara as godfather. The deceased McNamara was also something of a mentor to former Mayor Kilpatrick.

But we have term limits. She can't run again, so likely people that don't like her don't really care at this point.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.