There is no question that Obama's ability to communicate as president are a far cry from his oratorical skills as a candidate, and to some extent his upbringing and his background as a community organizer probably have influenced the way he continues to seek a consensus on everything.

Bottom line is the G.O.P. is out to destroy him, and he needs to drop all the "bi-partisan" nonsense.

As a staunch supporter I sincerely hope Obama can turn his very inept communications style around. He has accomplished a great deal, but there's something missing in his ego. Had Bill Clinton passed health care he'd be shouting it from the rooftops. Had there been this BP thinh under Clinton, he would have been in Louisiana wiping down birds and "feeling their pain."

When we had a recession under Reagan, he simply blamed Carter for three years and got away with it.
When we invaded Iraq, Bush had that "Mission Accomplished" thing and he got away with it.

What do these three have in common? All were two term presidents.

Obama needs (metaphorically) to grow a pair, and if he doesnt, he might have to change his first name to "Jimmy."

As for policy, I think he needs to revive FDR's idea of making able bodied people work on the crumbling infrastructure, cleaning up the gulf, building rails, etc. He needs to do something big.

He can also withdraw 75% of our troops from Germany and Japan. We dont need them there.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."