From NYDailynews

Attorney General Andrew Cuomo has promised to take on the special interests if elected governor, but there's one fight he won't get involved with: The food fight between his mom and girlfriend over the best way to make lasagna.

"On this issue I'm going to be very, very careful," Cuomo told Albany's Talk 1300-AM Wednesday morning. "Since the campaign started for me...this is the toughest issue I've had to deal with."

Cuomo's mother, the state's former First Lady Matilda Cuomo, made headlines when she dismissed the lasagna recipe of her son's girlfriend, TV chef Sandra Lee. She uses cottage cheese and tomato soup.

Mama Cuomo insists lasagna must have fresh ricotta cheese and red sauce.
The AG refused take a side in the food fight.
"Lasagna is like politics, everybody gets an opinion," he said. "Everybody's right, nobody's wrong."

Still, he defended his sweetie's use of tomato soup, which he likened to "tomato sauce, but in a different form."

Using the soup, he added, has fewer calories.
"Sandy's cooking is very good cooking," he said. "My mother's cooking is very good cooking. As an independent Democrat, I eat everybody's lasagna. I eat conservative's lasagna, I eat liberal lasagna."

He wouldn't say directly if he actually eats his girlfriend's lasagna.

"Sandra makes a beautiful lasagna. My mother makes a beautiful lasagna."

Cuomo joked that Lee's upbringing in the Midwest may have made it hard to get her hands on good ricotta cheese.
"I thought she was very industrious, Sandy, coming with cottage cheese when she couldn't come up with ricotta cheese."
Asked whether he will serve his mom's recipe or his girlfriend's at his campaign fund-raisers, Cuomo played it right down the line, saying he'll serve both.

"50-50, right down the middle of the plate," Cuomo said.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.