Originally Posted By: olivant
I don't care what effect the President intended to achieve. There must be a certain level of dignity that attaches to the Presidency and that level eschews any type of foul language.

I'm sorry, but I simply have no patience whatsoever for this way of thinking. I literally can't stand people who have such a problem with language. I just can't. I think it shows a fundamental lack of humanity on some level, a priggishness, a rigid way of thinking, and an unwillingness to acknowledge and recognize things as they really are. There's a reason why every language has many curse words. They're meant to be used.

It's one thing for an employer to expect his/her workers not to use foul language with customers, or something like that. It's quite another to expect the President or anyone else not to use it at all. The "dignity" of the Presidency derives not from the type of language a president uses, or from whom he/she has sex with, but from whether or not the president promotes and implements policies worthy of respect. By starting a war of aggression against Iraq, George W. Bush lowered the dignity of the office infinitely more than Bill Clinton did by having sex with Monica Lewinsky, or than Harry Truman, Lyndon Johnson and others did by using extensive and colorful profanity.

Get real, Olivant.

Let me tell ya somethin my kraut mick friend!