Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
I usually enjoy rereading King's books, because he's so descriptive and the details are so rich, but that's one I've never picked up again. The movie, thankfully, had the ending changed.

I recently re-read "Cujo," Babe, and I have to say that this is a very mean, cruel book. I mean, I can't say that King's protagonists always end up well at the end of his novels/stories, but all I can say is poor Vic.

Click to reveal..
First, his company is on the verge of collapsing. Then he finds out about his wife cheating on him in just about the worst way possible ("I enjoyed ****ing the **** out of her, do you have any questions?"). Cruel, so cruel. Then that prick Kemp destroys his house, and to top it all off, he loses his son as well.

It seems King must have been in a very bitter frame of mind when he wrote this book, but I guess we can't ask him since he doesn't even remember much about writing it. I mean it's still a great read, but so, so cruel.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.