Teitel Brothers, a Jewish family, with some of the best Italian imports you'll ever find. And they've only been there for about 100 years. So much for silly stereotypes.

We always shopped at Cosenza's, but I grew up with and went to school the Randazzo boys, from Our Lady of Mount Carmel through Mount Saint Michael. Frankie Randazzo is a prosecutor with the Bronx DA now. Yeah, that went over real big in the neighborhood whistle lol.

I love Borgatti's. One of the brothers, Larry, drove funeral cars for many years. We worked together all the time. He was a sweet old man. When he passed away back in 2002, I drove the flower car. Best raviolis in the world. Seriously.

Vincents? Didn't Ernest Borginine work there whistle.

DeLillo's vs. Egidio's? Sore point in my family, which is why we usually went to Gino's or Artuso's lol. But if I'm in the neighborhood, and I just want a cup of coffee and to bullshit with the old timers, I always go to Egidio's. It's like stepping into a time warp. I'll most certainly be there tomorrow morning.

Remember the song, Babe?

A-D-D-E-O, that spells Addeo, best bakery in town.

Last edited by pizzaboy; 04/16/10 12:02 PM.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.