Originally Posted By: J Geoff
You ARE liberal! tongue lol

12 years of Catholic school, topped off by 4 years at Fordham University with the Jesuits. Yeah, they tend to be a liberal bunch lol.

So the orthodox (classic, like, His original followers) Catholics are "loony" as opposed to Catholicism 2.0 ?

You say potato, I say fundamentalist. So if you mean, like, the early conservative fundamentalists, who opened the door for the Crusades, the Inquisition and the murders of millions of "heretics" and Jews, yeah, they're, like, a little bit loony (and Mel Gibson is almost as dangerous).

But to pick and choose the "rules" of your own religion? tongue )

But I'm not. From Catholic Online:

On the Fridays outside of Lent the U.S. bishops conference obtained the permission of the Holy See for Catholics in the US to substitute a penitential, or even a charitable, practice of their own choosing. They must do some penitential/charitable practice on these Fridays. For most people the easiest practice to consistently fulfill will be the traditional one, to abstain from meat on all Fridays of the year. During Lent abstinence from meat on Fridays is obligatory in the United States as elsewhere.

See, I just choose to do Good Works on Fridays, this way I can eats me some steak lol.

As for me, I'm not for "the Church" so much as I have my own personal relationship with The Big Guy that I feel supersedes it all.

Ironically, the very fundamentalists who you're sticking up for, would tell you that that personal relationship is not enough; that salvation comes through Jesus Christ AND the Church. But I'm not of of those loony fundamentalists grin.

I love ya, Geoff, but let's leave religion alone. It's too personal and it leads to bruised feelings.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.