Ok so anyway; the MIlwaukee "Family", eh? Does anyone have a reliable idea of what might be going on there? Its a hard one to follow, with a lot of opinions. The most common list, which im pretty certain is culled from RealDeal, was previously posted in this thread and goes something like:

Boss: Joseph P. "Joe Camel" Caminiti
Underboss: Joseph P. "Joey Bal" Balistrieri
Consigliere: Peter "Pitch" Picciurro
Acting Consigliere: John "Johnny Bal" Balistrieri

Captain: Dennis "Libby" Librizzi
Captain: Angelo "Big Angelo" Alioto
Captain: Ricco "The Killer" Bono

...and a whole crap-load of supposed soldiers, usually some 20 to 25 names.

But are they really still doing things? If so, then really with that many guys? Because there is a distinct lack of recent charges & crimes to speak of.

Joe Camel Caminiti is the supposed boss, but there is even less information freely available on him then Vincent LoScalzo, which says that, as like LoScalzo, he's either ridiculously cautious, not doing much or simply not doing any thing. I must admit though, there;s a lack of info dating right back to his days as Frank's underboss, so maybe he's doing something right? (as right as a mobster can get, that is)

One Dennis "Libby" Librizzi seems reasonably well known, ostensibly as the owner of "Libby's Lounge", a seemingly well known bar. He is at times obtusely referred to as a "character". Alioto is considered by some sources to be inactive at 85 years or older & there's squat i can find on Ricco Bono. Most of that information i got from Milwaukeeworld.com, a local site.

the most detailed documents i could find in relation to Joey Bal are dated 1985, like this (& he is only a peripheral concern in this particular file, a court document relating to Union impropriety); Interesting, but dense:
http://bulk.resource.org/courts.gov/c/F2/910/910.F2d.1357.89-1906.html

A typical example of unsubstantiated claims on the Milwaukee Mafia, made by a myriad different authors on the myriad different mob sites: http://members.fortunecity.com/sosdie/mob/family/milwaukee/milwaukee.htm

Now am i really just looking in all the wrong places? Because i tend to come to the conclusion that of the 30-odd names on the most referenced list, there is considerably less then a third actually active. Of course, i may be wrong - but it seems very likely. There is an abundance of info on Balistrieri Sr, the "man who put Milwaukee on the (mafia's)
map", but scarcely any on his sons & supposedly strong Family. Did it basically disolve with his death? Google any of the names on the list, and the only reference to them is the list itself.

Easily the most prominent Balistrieri these days is Frank's eldest daughter Bennadetta, & her endeavour to get a piece of her father's supposed fortune. But according to her brothers & younger sister, since she apparently "dumped" & ran out on the family some 20 years ago she isn't entitled to squat, even if (wink, wink) there was a fortune, which there isn't! Shades of Janice Soprano or what? http://www.milwaukeemagazine.com/currentIssue/full_feature_story.asp?NewMessageID=18817

(cough.)