I was reading a thread but can't seem to find it but in short it was about how fredo didn't know they were gonna try to kill mike in the "drapes" scene. Then later in the movie when we find out fredo was the traitor during his phone call from johnny ola, he says that they lied to him...suggesting that he didn't know they were planning to kill mike.

I'm convinced that fredo was actually somewhat "smaht" and knew and agreed on every little detail but one. He knew they were going to kill mike. Infact, he probably showed the killers mike and kays bedroom so they could devise a well thought out plan to assassinate him. They probably opened the drapes. The thing is...the plan was to kill mike...and mike only. I think when fredo initially heard the scheme, he made it clear that he wanted kay and the children to not be anywhere in harm's way. Roth agreed and told fredo that it would be so precise that "michael probably won't feel a thing...and kay and the kids?...my men are good men and they would never harm innocent women and children." When he found out that the attempt was execution style with kay and the children possibly being harmed...he knew they had "lied" to him.

What y'all think?