A few games I've been playing recently:

ASSASSIN'S CREED 2: A thousand times better than it's mediocre predecessor. Much more variety, improved controls and graphics, a much more likeable lead character, and a more interesting setting (Renaissance-era Italy.) The game takes some liberties with history, implementing real events into the story (like in the last game, the assassin you control is responsible for the deaths of many historical figures.) I definitely recommend to fans of the first game, and even to those who didn't really care for the first game (like me).

BRUTAL LEGEND: A headbanger's dream come true. This game plays homage to heavy metal (while making fun of it at the same time. The game is kind of on the short side, but the stregic gameplay is solid, the art style is great, and it is downright hilarious. Recommended for heavy metal fans.

UNCHARTED 2: AMONG THIEVES: Another game that is better than the first game, and in this case, the first game was downright amazing. UNCHARTED 2 follows the exploits of Nathan Drake, a direct descendent of Sir Francis Drake (the first game, DRAKE’S FORTUNE, tells the tale of Nathan Drake searching for El Dorado, using the journals of Sir Francis.) UNCHARTED 2 takes place not long after the first game ends, and it involved Nathan Drake searching for Marco Polo’s lost fleet. Reading through Marco’s journals, Drake learns that Marco Polo may have discovered Shambhala (Shangri-La) and the Cintamani Stone. Like the first game, this one is action-packed with tons of adventure and exploration. The graphics are even better than in DRAKE’S FORTUNE, which is a feat unto itself. There is also an addictive multiplayer mode that, in some ways, is even better than that of MODERN WARFARE 2. If you own a PS3, you owe it to yourself to pick up UNCHARTED 2: AMONG THIEVES.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis