Originally Posted By: Tony Mosrite
yes you are right and I didn't oppose it. when I say that "Mikey was planning to have Tony killed all along" I mean he was doing it through Junior, trying to turn him against Tony and eventually helping to manipulate Junior into the attempted hit.

as for Mikey P's motivations, Michael Corleone told us - in the novel, not in the movie - that they had to be personal as much as business. at least he wasn't beaten up over a civillian and in front of other made guys, like Ralphie was, but Mikey a made man himself would never sit with that and would always hold a vendetta feeling towards Tony.
Did Mikey get beat up before or after Tony became privy to Junior's failed coup? I can't remember, but if it's the latter case he's lucky he didn't get more.I guess I'm just not clear on what was 'bothering' you or that you're finding contrived. Mikey was manipulating Junior to whack Tony in part b/c Tony laid his hands on him (which he shouldn't have done, and Mikey is within his rights to respond, but Tony got to him first) and partly to help his own ascent in the family. Either way, it seems Mikey was cannon fodder after Tony discovered Junior's treachery anyhow.

Last edited by Frank_Nitti; 03/11/10 04:27 PM.