Originally Posted By: Frank_Nitti
Originally Posted By: olivant
Use your head. The legal requirement that drivers observe speed limits does not guarantee that they will.Your information is anecdotal. If not, cite your sources that substantiate your claims.

You're making an 'argument from authority' and your logic is formally the same as an ad hominem fallacy:

B (Lawmaker) claim Y1 (accuracy and diligence of the law 42 USC 1395dd et seq)
B is an expert in field Y (Consitutional law)
Therefore Y1

It is your logic that is flawed. And I don't think I'm relating anecdotes when I note that there are people in this country and all across the world who have been dying for generations due to INFINITELY rising costs in health care. It's a fact of life, tho maybe not in your own personal shangri la.

"I have read the law extensively, and you know that a hospital's legal requirement to treat the sick can in no way guarantee that they will do so in a timely and appropriate fashion. One might get into see a sub-satisfactory physician after they've been 'cleared' but only after valuable time in the healing process has passed without treatment."

"... there are people in this country and all across the world who have been dying for generations due to INFINITELY rising costs in health care."

Make up your mind. Are you arguing cost or availability? You still did not cite your sources nor define "sub-satisfactoty physician."

Last edited by olivant; 03/10/10 05:44 PM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."