Originally Posted By: goombah
I cannot believe there have not been comments from the Steeler fans about the latest Roethlisberger accusation. That now brings the tally to 3 idiotic actions he has taken in the past 5 offseasons: 1) his Evil Knievel impression when he nearly killed himself riding a motorcyle in 2006, 2) being accused of rape in 2008, and 3) the current accusation in Georgia of fondling a woman.

Regardless of the outcome, this guy acts as if he is bullet proof. At a minimum, Roethlisberger should be suspsended for 1/2 of the upcoming season. He obviously has a problem and finds himself, much like Pac Man Jones and Chris Henry, in situations where there is trouble. Unlike Tiger Woods, Ben is not married and can associate with whomever he wants. But if he had an ounce of common sense (which appears unlikely given the pattern of stupidity), he would think long and hard about where he hangs out. Even moreso now, there is a huge target on his back and he will be followed around by the supermarket press. And he has absolutely nobody to blame but himself.

This Steeler fan will speak out. Your analysis of Ben’s conduct is inane. First of all, the only information we are privy to is that available through the media. It is quite limited and much of it is subjective. I have not read the civil lawsuit complaint filed against him almost two years ago nor his countersuit. I have not read the criminal complaint recently filed against him.

"... this guy acts as if he is bullet proof." Now, there's a standard we can all agrree upon. Just how does one act when one realizes that they are not bulletproof?

How in God’s name do you conclude that “He obviously has a problem”? A problem with what?

He “finds himself, much like Pac Man Jones and Chris Henry, in situations where there is trouble.”? Wow! How insightful. It’s a good thing that tens of millions of Americans patronize only those business establishments that are immune to “trouble” on their premises.

“But if he had an ounce of common sense (which appears unlikely given the pattern of stupidity), he would think long and hard about where he hangs out.” How wise. In fact, just like other celebrities do, maybe Ben should consult Fodor’s list of business establishments where “trouble” simply never occurs or will occur.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."