Originally Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica
Interesting. Ive heard countless theories on this classic hit.
This is a good one, but.
Personally though, i put creedence in Jimmy the Weasel fingering Frankie Carbo on orders from Lanksy.
It has that "ring of truth"

Pretty smart way to sell a book though, eh?

i remember Frantiano talkin about it, in the Crime, Inc. doc from the 80s... it could be very possible since we was with the LA family. but im not rullin out his theory or the "Family Secret" book. if the Hull book is not true, the Hull should try his writin for hollywood.

Originally Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica
Would i be wrong to assume the most powerful Jewish crime bosses are those in Israel?
Big Fish/Small Pond as opposed to the viceversa Jewish gangsters operating in the US or elsewhere? I could be wrong, but it seems likely.

I know the Abergil Crime Family is powerful but has faced some kinda recent arrest's,
they supposedly have many bitter rivals who would very likely be on top now in lieu (of the arrest's)?
Hm. Im going to look into this.

Cool thread.

Wait a minute, isnt Semion Mogelevich a Jew? If so, then that guy. Most powerful that is.

thanks for the thread compliment man. in all the sources that i have read about Mogilevich, they list him as jewish...but i guess only he knows for sure. the russians, have developed more weight in the underworld, more than the Cosa Nostra. i remember how mobsters like Ludwig "Tarzan" Fainberg, had a connection to the Colombian cartels... those of you aware of the cartels ruthlessness, and manpower know that the cartels make the itlian mob, look like a bunch of novices...

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
As I posted earlier, because of those counterfeit passports, it's hard to know for sure who is or isn't Jewish in the "Russian Mafia" either here, in Russia or in Israel.

The Macdonald story is interesting, and since no one was ever indicted for Siegel's murder, anything's possible. But I'm sceptical that, if Dragna was involved (and he might have been), he'd have chosen an assassin who wasn't inside organized crime--a "civilian." Carbo would have been a logical choice: he was the triggerman in the assassination of Harry (Big Greenie) Greenberg, a dimwit NY thug who sang to the cops and tried to hide out on the Coast. Siegel fingered Greenie for him, and Allie (Tick Tock) Tannenbaum of Murder Inc. was in on it. It'd be logical for Luciano to use Dragna to arrange the Siegel hit, and to send Carbo to him to carry it out.
As you may know, Carbo later became the top guy in the boxing rackets, which made millions for the Mob.

yea Carbo, Tannenbaum and Siegel were responsible for the hit on Greenberg or "Schachter" as hes listed in the fbi files.... theres sources where i read that Siegel's brother in law Whitey Krakower was also there. i dont if you guys know but, the Greenberg hit, was the first ever gangland slayin in southern california.... ive always said that the NY mob is responsible for what Los Angeles, and the west coast later became in terms of gangland slayins. everyhtin leades back to New York. example, Capone and Torrio were from NYC and then later became the bosses of Chicago. Siegel was from NYC, and later became the biggest mobster in Los Angeles, and the weast coast boss... sources say that he sent out to LA but, i believe he went out there to be his own man.... he was still tied to the NYC mob but he was his own boss on the west coast. another thing Los Angeles is the gang capital of the country... but before the crips, bloos, sureños, norteños, la eme, aryan brothehood etc..... modern american street gangs originated in NYC, ie Bugs and Meyer Mob, Bowery Boys, 40 Thieves, Five Points, etc. most mobsters started out in gangs, and later evolved from gangs to mobs.... long story borin, NYC is the originator and source for what became modern gangs and organized crime all through out the USA. yea Carbo later became intwined with boxin in his later life.

Last edited by Benjamin_Bugsy_Siegel; 03/04/10 04:43 PM.