Originally Posted By: Ice
[...I'm not sure anyone could have imagined just "appropos" and indeliable the image of Liz Taylor standing in her white wedding dress in "Father of the Bride" would become. SEVEN marriages with one widower to boot throughout her life, and even today, one can scour the recesses of online blather and find wedding rumors concerning the now mostly confined Liz...

Speaking of the 'current' Liz and Turner Classic Movies...I always enjoy her extremely touching narration of the mini-bio of her dear friend, Montgomery Clift. You can hear the age in her voice, but you can also hear the love and admiration she had for her pal, 'Monte'.

Incidentally...I adore ALL of those mini-biographies, especially when presented by the grown children of the subject. Frank Sinatra, Debbie Reynolds, Gary Cooper, Bert Lahr, Liza Minelli (on Vincent, not Judy), to name a few. (Jane & Peter Fonda are particularly touching when speaking of thier father Henry).

But really, they're all good. Thank GOD for TCM.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON