So, not meant necessarily for anyone to post their wages, BUT am I'm the ONLY one who makes no where near that amount here???? eek I find that hard to believe. And, unless I'm not totally understanding these figures, it does make me somewhat defensive because I just don't think the average "Joe" falls into that category.

As tight as things were for me at one time, I never was considered poverty level. I raised two kids by myself,in a decent area, paid a mortgage (never was late for any payments) and never had any kind of assistance. AND, I live in California to boot, which is not an inexpensive state. All this on much much less than 88K.

Of course, when the housing market boomed a couple years ago, if I just was starting out, I probably wouldn't ever be able to afford a house had I not already had one that I could sell and make a decent profit.

I guess, in my view, I can't feel too sorry for anyone making 88K. ohwell

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon