Personally, I believe in a god. I have my reasons, just as Capo and VitoC and the others that don't have theirs.

My reasons are many, but I shall share two of them.

Reason Number One:

When I was six years old I suddenly got very ill, it started off as just flu symptoms, but one day my Dad found me with large, purple, elliptical bruises all over my body, and I was burning up. He immediately called 911, they medivac'd me to Arnold Palmer Childrens hospital; At this point I was hallucinating severely. When they admitted me the bruises had disappeared, but when they checked my temperature I had a fever of 108 degrees Fahrenheit. They packed me in ice, and eventually brought it down (giving me frostbite on my right thigh in the process.) But I continued to hallucinate, after two days I stopped, but was still extremely feverish, no appetite, etc. The whole time the doctors could find nothing wrong with me. Then, 4 days after I was admitted, I just... got better... inexplicably. They said it would take on the upwards of 2 weeks, and I got completely better in 4 days.

Some people may not think so, but I believe it was a genuine miracle.

Reason Number Two:

My family has been going through some real tough times lately, and tonight we didn't have anything at all in the house to eat for dinner. We had $2.58 to our name and we went to the store (A Publix in a strip mall with a Movie Gallery/Subway/Bizzaro's Pizzaria) While I was inside I bought Eggs and bread, to feed our family we had a dozen eggs and a loaf of bread. when I came back outside My dad had a Pizza from the Pizzaria. He had apparently asked the manager if he could have a pizza to feed us and the man said yes. So when we would not have had enough food to feed us, we suddenly had enough.

I know they are not stone solid proof... and I know that most will write it off as luck. But to me, and me alone, this proves the existence of a god.

Please, I don't need to hear how you can write these occurrences off to luck, or the like. To me they prove God exists.

You see, I don't understand why people try to crush the believers' faith. If you don't think there is a God, I don't need you to try to prove me wrong, or show me the errors of my ways. Why don't you Keep it to yourselves and pity us "fools." Because I don't think that anyone here, who does believe in a god, want to hear that we are morons, or various other insults. Just leave us be.

That is my two cents

EDIT: I don't think that my ability to see reason, and broaden my intellectual horizons is hindered because I believe in God. I realize fully that there is no proof, and that there probably never will be, the only people that know are dead. But there is, as I have said, no reason for an Atheist to try to sway a believer's faith, and Visa Versa. Just let everyone believe what they want and let us go on with their lives.

Last edited by Santino Brasi; 01/06/10 11:31 PM.

He - (Simón Bolívar) - was shaken by the overwhelming revelation that the headlong race between his misfortunes and his dreams was at that moment reaching the finishing line. The rest was darkness. "Damn it," He sighed. "How will I ever get out of this labyrinth!"

So what’s the labyrinth?

That’s the mystery isn’t it? Is the labyrinth living or dying? Which is he trying to escape - the world, or, the end of it?