Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Originally Posted By: afsaneh77
You dope yourself with faith to stop questioning and accept blindly what you had doubt before.

What utter bullshit.

Quote:
And since when is it ok to mock other people's beliefs? Debate, yes. Mock? No. It's insulting and it's beneath us.

You just mocked my views by calling it utter bullshit. So now it is okay for you, but not for me?

Not that I care what you call my views! I could do just the same for yours.

Quote:
You seem to feel that faith is a morphia for the masses. I'm not blind and I'm not deaf and I'm not mute. And I'm not drugged.

Quote:
There are these constant demands for proof. There is no proof. That is the point of faith. It's something that you believe DESPITE the clamoring of non-believers.

You sound like you are blind, deaf and drugged. You believe in things despite the fact that there is no proof for their existence.

Quote:
That is the true sign of FAITH. There are constant challenges in life that can tempt you to abandon your faith. But a true believer hangs on in the face of adversity. A true believer doesn't turn their back on their faith because life got too tough. A true believer simply believes.

Actually if anything with the dope of faith, you can cope with the tough times much better. I for one didn't turn my back on faith because of tough life. I think it braver, to live with no hope of reuniting with the deceased loved ones for one thing. Or thinking that you will be no more once you die. You've to be way braver to face these possibilities and not run to faith.

Quote:
For those that don't believe, have a nice day. I hope that your emptiness is filled with something else. I will continue to follow my own brand of faith. My God will love me and challenge me and care for me and mine.

While much of this has been interesting, it's apparently pointless. You all want to continue to mock the existence of God, have at it. Stick a fork in me.

You've a nice day as well. Thanks, but no thanks.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones