Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
Originally Posted By: Mignon
Why do some people have to have scientific proof for this and for that?
WOWZA.

Can I ask Capo, VitoC, Afsaneh and others who don't believe in God, AKA a creator, how we got here? How is it possible that this entire planet has an atmosphere capable of supporting millions of different lifeforms that support one another? How did it start?

Something that has always bothered me is the clash between science and religion when it seems logical to me that they should go hand in hand. Two things can be equally true. I'm one of the few Christians that believe evolution is a possibility. I believe in adaptation by survival of the fittest. If it wasn't for technology keeping us fat people alive, the current population would be way down and our current athletes would be the main survivors. But when you go back to the beginning of evolution, how did it all begin? It only makes sense to me that a Creator would be the spark for the very first life form that eventually evolved into everything that lives on this planet now, which if you ask me is just as incredible and unbelievable as God is to nonbelievers. I find it just as hard to believe that a single coincidence resulted in millions of other coincidental events of "evolution" bringing us to where we are now in the world.

What do people who don't believe in God believe happened here? Science tells me we are made up of atoms. I've never seen an atom. I only accept that they exist because scientists tell me so, and as far as I know the most brilliant scientists are part of an underground group trying to eliminate religion. I don't believe that, but underground fairy's make as much sense to me as most science. But I'm getting off of my original question of how the first lifeform came to exist and how likely is it that everything works perfectly together to survive as a planet?

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes